Registering for baby can be quite overwhelming... New moms and dads comprise their list of things they think they are going to need and walk into the baby super store to realize there are about a hundred choices for everything on their list. My son is now 2 1/2 and I know we have a huge box of stuff that we thought that we would need and never used... so, I have come up with a list of a few of my favorite must have baby items.
1. Pretty Diaper Bags- Diaper bags aren't what they used to be... no more pink and blue gingham with lace, these days moms pick a bag that suites their style more than baby's. Three Lindys has a great line of stylish contemporary diaper bags that all come with super cool accessories and most are wipable and easy to clean.
2. Swaddle Blanket- All I have to say is TAKE THESE TO THE HOSPITAL WITH YOU! That first night in the hospital they brought our son to us wrapped up tighter than a burrito and he liked it. But, no matter how many times we had the nurses show us how, we could never get him swaddled just right. This made for a long first night because he was unhappy because he wasn't tightly swaddled and we were afraid that his blanket would come loose and suffocate him in the night. We all rested a little easier the next night because someone brought us these velcro swaddle blankets.
3. Cute Caps- Don't get me wrong, the little pink and blue hospital cap is sweet, but why not let your little one show their style in the hospital nursery. We are working on some cute designs that we will feature at our Spring Open House.
4. Burp Cloths- If you have a baby you know these are not just for burping... wiping soon becomes the number one function and its great to have a big stack on cute ones on hand because sometimes it feels like wiping up spit-up and messing is also your number one function (behind feeding, of course). Three Lindys sells them in packs of 4 with many, many varieties to choose from.
5. Bouncy Seat- This piece of baby gear proved invaluable for us because I could move it from room to room and baby was safe and secure so I could take a shower, cook dinner, or just have a moment to myself.
6. Hooded Towels- There is nothing cuter that a baby wrapped up in a hooded towel after a bath and Three Lindys has them to match the bibs and burp cloths.
7. Inch Bug Labels- We got a set of these as a shower gift and still use them today. These labels are non adhesive and dishwasher safe and great for finding baby's bottle to sippy cup at play group or church nursery because, lets face it, all sippy cups start to look the same with everything else you have to keep up with.
8. Bibs- Thick cloth bibs are great for bottle feedings and Three Lindys has a huge selection to choose from. But I found these rubber pocket bibs when my son started eating solid food. They are great because they catch all the food that would have fallen in his lap and when meal time is over we just throw them in the dishwasher. We can add a vinyl monogram or icon for a personal touch.
9. Baby Food Recipes and Freezer Trays- I started making my sons baby food once I tasted the store bought ones... yuck! The reality is that making baby food is as simple steaming some veggies and throwing them in the food processor. I would make a big batch and freeze it in 2 oz servings. Anabel Karmel has a couple of really good recipe books and a website that are great resources.
10. Birthday Plate
- Though all the sleepless nights and dirty diapers feel like they will go on forever, the first year of baby's life will fly by. Commemorate his first birthday with this cute, personalized birthday plate and start a special tradition for years to come.